Site MapLinksDonateContactFont Size Increase Font Size Decrease Font Size Restore Font Size
TRAC logo

8am - 4pm

Vancouver Area

Outside the
Lower Mainland


Donate Online Now
Donate Online Now
Donate Online Now



Home > Housing Issues > Assisted Living 

Assisted Living

On May 18, 2006, the Provincial Legislature approved the Tenancy Statutes Amendment Act, 2006. This would have brought assisted and supported living tenancies under the Residential Tenancy Act. However, the government has decided not to go forward with this at the current time. People living in assisted and supported living housing are not able to go to the Residential Tenancy Branch to resolve disputes. If they have problems they should contact the office of the Assisted Living Registrar.

People can also contact the BC Ombudsman who, in August 2008, launched a systemic investigation into problems with seniors’ care, including residential and assisted living facilities and home support services. You can read the report by clicking here.

Organizations that can assist seniors are:

For more information see these links:



Donate Online Now